Thursday, March 27, 2008

Portugal-- classical dressage training




My portugal trip was great.... but lots of work!! Baby Hodgson should be an expert horseman from day one.....! I went with 2 of my horsey girlfriends, Kris and Brenda. We went to Jerez de la Frontera in Spain to see the Spanish Riding School performance, then back to Portugal for our class. There were 10 Americans in our class; my friends and I were by far the rookies!! But I think that we all learned a lot. It was an experience that I was so happy to have had, since from here on out, life will be quite different. The ups and downs of the trip ranged from being robbed in Lisbon...( I had to buy all new riding gear in Spain to replace what was stolen!) to feeling what it was like to do piaffe and passage, Grand Prix dressage movements!! All in all, a great time. But I was happy to get home to normal life and normal food....it was on the tale end of my nauseus period of trimester number 1.... I managed, but sometimes the new food smells were too much!!

No comments: